In any state where there is an extensive number of vehicles and drivers, car insurance will be similarly mainstream – this is because you cannot drive your vehicle without insurance in almost every jurisdiction in the United States of America. Florida, for example, is one such state.
Despite the compulsory nature of insurance, if you are a young driver that does not have a significant amount of experience, the capacity for you to get a modest and reasonable insurance plan might be very troublesome, as you are viewed as a “high-hazard” driver by most insurance agencies and companies.
Nonetheless, this doesn’t imply that it is impossible for you to get yourself an insurance plan that is both reasonable as well as ensuring that you get the coverage that you are seeking. You should simply do the necessary research to locate the least expensive car insurance in Florida and discover an insurance company that meets all of your coverage requirements, and that is within your spending limits.
Which are the Cheapest Car Insurance in Florida For Young Drivers?
In Florida, just like in many other states, if you are a young driver who has recently gotten your license, it is often hard to locate an insurance company that is willing to provide you with insurance that is a reasonable plan with reasonable coverage, also at reasonable interest rates – this is because most insurance companies and insurance agents consider youthful drivers as “high-hazard” drivers, and consequently increase the insurance plan rates, or the rate of interest.
While it isn’t difficult to get an organization to insure your vehicle, the details of the insurance plan may be tremendously expensive, and much higher than the rates that are usually charged to those who have been driving for a while if you are a young driver.
In any case, in the event that you do your research properly and take note of the different choices that you have and have in your vicinity, you will potentially have the option to discover an insurance company that accommodates your necessities successfully. Here are some of the companies that you can consider approaching to insure your vehicle at a reasonable rate if you are a young driver or someone who has just obtained their license.
1. GEICO Car Insurance
Anyone who has ever lived in the United States has probably heard of GIECO Car Insurance. It is one of the largest insurance companies in the US. Not only are they trustworthy and reliable, but they are also an ideal choice for young and new drivers. They also offer plenty of discounts. One of the biggest advantages of GEICO Car insurance is that their policies are much cheaper and more affordable to the average student or young driver compared to the policies of other companies. Some of the discounts they offer are as follows:
- The Good Student Discount: just like the other companies mentioned above, State Farm also offers a good student discount. If you think your grades are good enough to qualify, ensure to submit a copy of your transcript to the insurance agent and see how much of a discount you can get. Sometimes, up to 25% of the entire insurance policy cost is discounted.
- Safety and Training discount: If you have any special skills in driving, in defensive driving, or have a diploma in advanced driving, you can leverage these factors to be eligible for a safety discount, or a training discount. In case of a driver training discount, the individual usually has to be at least 21 years of age, but the drive safe and save discount is available to everyone who is entitled to apply for an insurance policy. The extent of the discount that you can get can range from 5% to almost 50% of the cost of your total insurance policy. Therefore, it is tremendously helpful for everyone who is looking to save a bit of money.
- Multi-Car Discount: when your insurance multiple cars under the same insurance provider, you provide wholesale business to the insurance provider. Therefore, economically, it makes sense for them to offer you a discount due to the amount of business that you are bringing to them. If you have family who also need to get their vehicles insured or who are looking to shift insurance providers, consider combining your applications and applying conjointly to State Farm to be entitled to a multi-car discount.
2. Liberty Mutual
If you want an insurance company that does not get into any underhand practices and that has great customer reviews, then Liberty Mutual is the ideal option for you. One of the aspects that make Liberty Mutual stand apart from its competition is its glowing customer testimonials and unparalleled reviews of customer service. They also provide insurance to young drivers and those drivers who are not fully experienced, and also offer a wide range of discounts. The most common discounts offered by this company are the Homeowners discount, which, as the name suggests is given to those who are owners of a home. This is especially beneficial to those who have just put down a payment on their new home or who have to pay mortgages as it allows them to save. Apart from this, if you are in the military (either enlisted in active service or a member of the military), you could be eligible for a military discount. Liberty Mutual also provides a good student discount (for those students who have great grades, submit your transcripts!), and the multi-car discount. Finally, if your car has safety features such as new airbag systems, anti-theft systems, dash cams, or other safety equipment that helps in reducing the liability of the insurer, then you could classify for an advanced safety device discount as well. This also includes the Anti-Theft discount, which you will be eligible for if you have an anti-theft device fitted into your vehicle to reduce the chances of it being stolen. Thus it can be stood among one of the best and Cheapest Car Insurance in Florida For Young Drivers.
3. State Farm Car Insurance
This is one of the best companies for car loans and insurance. Not only does the company have offers specifically catering to young drivers, but it is also a reputable company that has significant financial stability, and that is also dependable. One of the best things about State Farm Car insurance is that it offers substantial discounts for its young drivers. There are multiple discounts such as the education discount if the student is still involved or enrolled in an educational program, or the good student discount – which the student is entitled to if they meet certain grade/GPA criterion. One can avail of this discount by submitting their academic transcripts. Apart from this, there is also a multi-car discount, which means that you can save a significant amount of money by insuring multiple cars with State Farm, as well as the discount for defensive driving. If you have taken any advanced driving courses or have gotten a diploma on defensive driving, make sure to leverage this to reduce the rate of interest as well as the rates of premium. For all of these reasons, State Farm is an ideal choice for young drivers who want a reliable and dependable insurance provider who is also affordable.
4. Traveller’s Car Insurance Policy
Undoubtedly, anyone who has owned a car or who has ever wanted to in the city of Florida has probably heard of Traveller’s. Not only do they have affordable and viable insurance policies for young drivers, but they also have a great track record and wonderful customer reviews. They also follow good business practices. The company has really good financial stability as well, which means that your funds and your deposits are safe, and your legitimate claims are likely to be fulfilled. You can visit Traveller’s car insurance on their website. Some of the discounts they provide are as follows:
- discount for new cars: a new car is less likely to break down, give trouble, or require repairs as often as an older or a pre-used car. Therefore, if you find yourself needing to insurance a new car that you have purchased in the city of Florida, consider this insurance provider.
- Homeowners discount: like most other auto companies, Travelers offer a discount to homeowners. Usually, the discount provided is about 5% of the total value of the policy.
- Intellidrive Discount: Based on the report of Itellidriver, a device that monitors your driving, you could be eligible for a discount of almost up to 30% of the cost of your policy.
- Good Student Discount: just like it pays off to have good grades for a variety of other reasons, being eligible for great discounts is another reason and incentive for you to keep your grades up.
- Multi-Car Discount: If your car is being bought for you by your family, ask them to insure their cars with the same insurance providers. Not only can you save a big buck, but so can your family! You can save almost up to 8-10% on a multi-car discount and can be one of the best Cheapest Car Insurance in Florida For Young Drivers for these reasons.
5. Progressive Corporation Car Insurance:
This company is also known for providing insurance services to a wide range of individuals, and also have a track record of a number of years of service in the insurance industry. They also provide extremely affordable policies to young drivers with a good level of coverage in terms of features. One of the things that makes it extremely difficult for young drivers when they’re starting is how expensive the insurance works out to be – but this company has not only affordable policies but also has a number of tremendously useful discounts that significantly reduce the overall cost of the policy and the premiums. Some of them are as follows:
- Snapshot Discounts: Snapshot is basically a program that shows how much you drive. If you are a young driver who does not drive much and drives safely, then you could be eligible for a discount based on the report of Snapshot.
- Good Student Discount: one of the things that really help in life is to have an academic record par excellence. It shows commitment and dependability, and also demonstrates that the young driver is less likely to be reckless. Therefore, if you have great grades, submit a copy of your transcripts to the insurance agent to check if you are eligible for a good student discount.
- Safe Driving discounts: for those young drivers who have received extra training from an institute indicating that they are safe drivers, you could be eligible for a discount. The main reason as to why safe driving discounts are provided is because it reduces the risk and the liability of the insurer significantly.
I am a young driver. For what reason is it more hard for me to get an insurance policy at a modest rate?
There are numerous insurance organizations that hike up the rates of either the policy itself, or of the interest while supplying insurance to young drivers, unpractised drivers, or even exceptionally old or geriatric drivers. This is a direct result of different reasons, yet with regards to young drivers, the most clear reasons are the increased possibilities of unsafe driving, inability, texting and driving, foolishness, and absence of road rules and overall safety procedures that come with experience. Obviously, it isn’t fair to think that all young drivers are helpless drivers or bad drivers, however practice and experience makes a difference, and especially to an insurance company. Here is a portion of the principal reasons regarding why young drivers are usually charged higher rates of interest:
- Increased chances of dangerous driving: When you have recently just gotten a car, like any other device that a person tends to be fascinated by, a car is also something that fascinates people. This results in aspects such as speeding, careless driving, not adhering to lane rules, and so on. Speeding is one of the fundamental driving mishaps. With younger drivers, there is always a likelihood of foolish conduct or reckless behaviour, for example, driving affected by drugs or liquor. While it is unfair to generalize and to state that every young driver acts recklessly, the few that do so lead to an increased rate of interests and more expensive insurance policies for the others.
- Inexperience: Simply like any other activity, one improves at what they do with aa lot of training and a ton of experience. One of the principal reasons as to why young drivers make less safe drivers is because of their absence of experience. In the event of an accident or any sudden occurrence on the road, a young driver may not realize how to respond to it because of his absence of experience while a more seasoned driver or somebody with more experience will realize how to manage the circumstance better.
- Lack of information on rules, and street safety: Different aspects of save driving and of lane safety, for example, the capacity to peruse and follow signs while driving simultaneously, capacity to adhere to turn signals and switch on indicators and other signs, and to drive within the requisite speed limit requires focus and the ability to multi-task. While young drivers receive training and inputs on these points, they have not been on the road for long enough to be able to do all of it in an expert manner.
- Texting and driving: It is unfair to hold only young drivers responsible for texting and driving have given that a lot of adults too so as well. But the propensity for younger drivers to text and drive is much higher compared to older drivers, and this combined with their lack of experience can lead to potentially disastrous consequences. This is one of the primary reasons as to why insurance companies charge higher rates of interest to young drivers.
Therefore, if you are a young driver, and finding the Cheapest Car Insurance in Florida as a Young Drivers then you may find that the rates that are being offered to you are higher than the rates that are offered to other drivers. You can choose to be a part of the insurance plan of your parents, should they have one to save on the costs of insurance. However, if you cannot be a part of the insurance that your parents have, or if your family does not have car insurance, it is not something to feel helpless or hopeless over. There are a number of organizations that offer insurance to young drivers as well, at a reasonable rate. Depending on the type of discount that you plan to avail, and after checking what discounts you are eligible for, you can make a suitable choice. Ensure that you do your research between different policies and select one that matches both your coverage needs, as well as fits in your budget. It is important for young drivers to remember that driving recklessly can increase the future rate of insurance as well, and it is therefore important to drive safely with road rules in mind.